Skills for Employment Success at Newark Library

Published 20th December 2016

Inspire’s Community Learning and Skills Service (CLASS) is pleased to report the success of new learning opportunities for 16 to 19 year olds which were launched in Newark Library in November.  

This initiative is a perfect example of how as Inspire we are now able to maximise
the opportunities to work together and utilise the resources we have available.
For the people of Nottinghamshire this means we can respond to demand and
provide new and exciting initiatives right at the heart of the community

Peter Gaw, Chief Executive of Inspire 

CLASS responded to requests from local services and residents to extend learning opportunities in Newark, building on 15 years’ experience of running similar provision across Nottinghamshire. 

'I like the fact that I can work in a comfortable environment and I know help is there when I need it. I have learnt valuable things that I can use in everyday life.

Liam Kelsey, Student

Launched on April 1 2016 CLASS and Nottinghamshire libraries are just two of the services Inspire delivers on behalf of Nottinghamshire County Council.  Funded by the Education Funding Agency, CLASS will be offering 16-19 year olds, free personalised Study Programmes – also available to young people with a learning disability up to the age of 24.  Enrolment is open all year.   This is in addition to the existing Study Programme and Traineeship provision running from youth centres in Mansfield, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Retford, Ollerton, Eastwood and Stapleford.  

Newark Library is proving to be an excellent venue for 16 - 19 year olds who want to develop their confidence, employability prospects and skills in maths and English. The tutors, Adam and Royna understand the needs of their students and make sure they all achieve their targets in a friendly and fun way.

Michael Reid, Direct Delivery Manager

< Back to all news